This recipe makes a large batch so I usually just freeze what I don't need and then thaw a container out before I need to use it. Sometimes I'll just put the frozen block and other ingredients I'm using in the crock pot and let time take care of the rest.
With this recipe a wheat grinder, blendtec, or dry container vitamix will be needed to make the white bean flour. I've used several different kinds of white beans and they all have turned out great. Cannellini, Great Northern, and Navy are all pretty interchangeable. One time I didn't have enough white beans so I did about half white and half garbanzo and the soup still turned out great! It's pretty flexible.
Also you will find this recipe on Kelly's site for Real Food Wednesday and Sunday Night Soup. Check it out for other healthy recipes!
- 6 cups of chicken broth OR 4 cups chicken stock and 2 cups of filtered water
- 1 cup white bean flour
- Add in options: cooked chicken, sautéed mushrooms, sautéed onions, any cooked veggies, or herbs/spices
- Bring the chicken broth or stock/water mixture to a boil.
- Then whisk in the white bean flour. Lower the heat and stir for 3-5 minutes or until the "cream" of chicken is thickened to your liking.
- Now you can let the soup cool and freeze what you won't be using (this is what I do), or add in pieces of chicken, mushrooms, or veggies and then place into containers to freeze. I prefer to do my add ins later since I don't always know what I'll be making.