Some great reasons to eat buckwheat: Help lower blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure. It is high in fiber and magnesium. Contains high quality proteins.It has antioxidants that protect the body from free radicals.
Some great reasons to eat oats: Help lower blood sugar and cholesterol. They are full of heart healthy antioxidants. They have plenty of selenium, manganese, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus.
- The night before mix the oats and buckwheat together with the water and vinegar in a large bowl.
- In the morning preheat the oven to 200 degrees and prep two large baking sheets with parchment paper. This can also be made in a dehydrator.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pot and whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the coconut oil mixture onto the soaked grains and use a spatula to gently mix them together.
- Scoop the wet granola onto the two baking sheets and evenly spread the mixture out.
- Put in the oven and bake for 4 hours. Be sure to stir the granola every hour and rotate the baking sheets.
- When it's done store in an airtight container. Add dried fruit, nuts, seeds, or coconut flakes if desired.