Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cashew Cheese Sauce

Tonight this went on EVERYTHING!!! I will admit I miss dairy sometimes. More specifically I miss cheese. This is the perfect remedy.


SANY0231
SANY0236 SANY0235

My thoughts are in green! Also the cheese freezes well. If you add gelatin and chill it you can slice it like cheese to put on sandwiches :-)


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup  water
  • 2 tablespoons  lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers 
  • 1/2 cup  raw cashews 
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder (I used a real onion )
  • 1/4 cup  nutritional yeast 
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
Directions
  • Toss ingredients except boiling water, coconut oil in the blender for 6 min. 
  • Add hot water and coconut oil, then blend for about 30 seconds.
  • Pour liquid into sauce-pan and whisk on medium heat until it has thickened.



No comments: