Unrefined coconut oil is known for it's antimicrobial/antifungal properties, so you can give your immune system a little boost. It will also aid in weight loss, and the absorption of calcium, magnesium, and amino acids. If you have any thyroid or gall bladder issues this is the easiest fat for your body to metabolize. More info on coconut oil HERE.
- In a large dish add the nuts, salt, and pour warm filtered water over them until the nuts are covered. Stir to mix in the salt. Let the nuts soak for at least 7 hours.
- Discard the soaking water then rinse and drain the nuts. Place the nuts into a blender along with 4 cups of filtered water. Blend for about 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture through a nut milk bag into a bowl or pitcher. Gently squeeze the nut milk bag to extract the milk from the pulp. The pulp can be dehydrated into a nut flour. At this point there will be about 1 quart of milk which can now be stored in the fridge.
- For an extra creamy milk blend or whisk in 1 can of full fat, organic coconut milk.
- Pour the milk into glass containers and store in the fridge for up to 7 days. Be sure to give the jar a little shake before using, as the milk will start to separate as it sits in the fridge.