I found the original recipe on Susan V’s blog as I was skimming through food gawker (love that site). To see what else Susan is cooking up click here!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons good curry powder (or adjust to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne or other ground red pepper (or to taste)
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes (fire-roasted preferred)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- salt to taste
Add the chickpeas, curry powder, and red pepper, and stir briefly. Add the tomatoes and cooked quinoa, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer for about 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Add salt to taste.
Serve in wraps, pita bread, or lettuce leaves or with naan or other flatbread
I know you are thinking I see mushrooms in the photo but not in the recipe?! You are right. I threw some mushrooms in there because we like mushrooms here and put them in a lot of our dishes just because we like em!